Saturday, April 14, 2018

love under temperature



…he was reading the most poignant lines of Gibran and she walked in to the room like a child sneaking inside the kitchen. 
“…again book in your hand” she asked.
“Mmmm… yes…” he replied
She unplugged the book from her hand and threw it to the table near by.
“Hey… my hand is empty… replace the book with something else” he said
She crawled on the bed slowly to him and took his hands to his face. 
“…now take my cheeks instead of that book” she said
He got up to sit and held her face in his hands and said “…what is more beautiful and lovely in this world than your face, my love” he whispered
“Really…” she giggled
“Yes… I could read hundred books in few days, but I will take a life time to finish reading your face.  The language of your eyes, the signs of your brows, the fables that your smile tells, the love that your wink conveys… Oh! How much more; just one life is not enough to read all that love you have for me” he said.
“…not very impressive… try something else…” she giggled
“I have got nothing to impress you; all I have got is me to give you.  My totality everything I have in my life I owe you… you cannot give me happiness because you are my happiness, so you have to give you to me” he replied
“…Mmmmhmmm…. You asked for kiss!” she asked
“I don't want…  all I want is just stay in my arms, whenever I read come and put your face in my hands, look at me and say that you love me”  he said with little tears in eyes.
“Close your eyes, baby” she said and crawled little more and kissed his forehead. The tears rolled down from his eyes.  She wiped it and kissed him in his cheeks.  She could feel the temperature in his skin.  “Baby, you have got temperature…” she said
“hmmm… a little” he replied
“No, it is not a little it is burning hot, baby”
“It is okay, just stay with me little closer… caress my hair, say you are there…” he murmured
“You need medicines…” she replied
“No, you have already given me…on my forehead… that will heal all my pangs” he murmured again.
“Don't be stupid, wait I will bring tablets” she said and got up to move.
“No, please.  It is burning hot.  Please stay closer…” he said and pulled her towards him.  She sat on the bed and he rested his head on her lap.
“Baby, temperature will not go down by just lying down…” she screamed.
“No.  It will not go down by just lying down, but I’m on your lap the most loveable place I could go.  Even if the temperature is not going to get down and it is going to burn me into ashes let it do, allow me to sleep my last sleep on your lap” he murmured in temperature.
“Will you shut up, baby. Where will I go if you are not there for me” she turned her face with a fake anger.
He grabbed her hand and placed it on his cheek “don't worry I will not leave you in peace and leave this world… you have promises to fulfil”
“…what?” she asked
“Our offspring… my boy…” he said
“…now sleep you are not well…” she replied
“I am well in your arms… good in your lap… won’t you keep your promise up?” he asked
“I will… sleep now…”
“When I am normal I don't really talk what I feel for you, I sometimes miss you even when you sit next to me.  But now, the hangover that this temperature is giving me is pulling all those words I was holding for you… that is why I don't want to take medicines… I want to vent out all the love I was holding for you all these days…” he murmured as the temperature rose.
“Baby, keep quiet and sleep…” she said.
There was no response.  He slept holding her hand over his eyes. She remembered him saying that her hands blinded him from the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Drop your words for my heart; I can skip a beat for you.